- Zenoss Resource Manager 5.x
Docker images that are no longer required consume storage space unless they are removed. This KB describes the process of removing Docker images that are no longer required to make additional storage space available.
Perform the following to remove Docker images to free up space:
- Become root, or a user with root authority:
sudo - su
- To get a list of Docker images, run the following command:
- Identify images that are no longer required. Be careful to avoid images that might still be in use.
To remove unwanted images, run:
docker rmi [repository]/[image]:[tag]
For example, if the Zenoss Core images for version 5.0 are no longer needed, note the following items in the record for this image, that appears in the form (using version 5.0.10 as an example):
REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID ……... [other fields] zenoss/core_5.0 5.0.10 9bf98707e6e7
- Run the following command to remove this particular image and free up space:
docker rmi zenoss/core_5.0:5.0.10