One of the steps in procedure createDimTables() is transforming odb_attributes into column name with assigning column types. In most cases, columns get VARCHAR(255), but some of them can get higher than VARCHAR(255).
Install Isilon ZenPack on a system with Analytics, allow a model batch to run, login to mysql on the analytics server, and do "call createDimTables();". The call will run for a bit and eventually fail on ERROR 1118 (42000): Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. This includes storage overhead, check the manual.
- Download archive ANA-386-fix.tar.gz and then copy the file to the Analytics server host. This needs to be copied into /opt/zenoss_analytics/bin directory.
- Extract the contents of the fix archive file.
tar -xzvf /opt/zenoss_analytics/bin/ANA-386-fix.tar.gz
- Execute the following command to give permissions
chmod o+rx /opt/zenoss_analytics/bin/analytics_fix
- Start a shell as zenoss user.
su - zenoss
- Go to the newly created directory
- Execute the fix_create_dim_tables.sh script with