- Zenoss 5.0 - 6.x
The zproxy service is used by Control Center to proxy communications between services. These connections can be internal (collector/MetricShipper > Metrics/MetricConsumer) or external (user browser session to public endpoint, i.e., the Resource Manager URL).
Occasionally, the zproxy service can end up in a faulted state where one or more of these proxied connections fails. This can typically be resolved by restarting the service.
To restart the zproxy service, perform the following:
- Log into the Control Center UI.
- From the Applications page, click the Zenoss.resmgr application link.
- Click the "restart" button for the Zenoss.resmgr service (top-right of the page).
- A dialog box will present you with the options to "Cancel," "Restart Service," or "Restart Service and # Children." Choose "Restart Service."
- When the Zenoss.resmgr instance health checks pass (see the Instances section, below Services), test the previously faulting connection to confirm resolution.