- Zenoss 5.x
- Zenoss Inspector script
This KB concerns a specific error returned by the Zenoss Inspector script:
Storage tenant ID mismatch
If the Zenoss Inspector script returns the error listed above, there are two courses of action:
- If you have Zenoss support, reach out for support and open a ticket. WARNING: Do Not Proceed with the procedure without assistance.
- If you are a community user without Zenoss support, consult the Zenoss community for information. If necessary, perform the following procedure.
If you are a community user without Zenoss support, perform the following procedure to repair the issue returned by the Zenoss Inspector script:
- Consult the Zenoss community for information, if necessary proceed with this procedure.
- As a best practice, perform a complete backup before proceeding.
- Stop Resource Manager:
#serviced service stop Zenoss.resmgr
- Stop serviced on the CC Master and all pool hosts:
# systemctl stop serviced
- Manually detach nfs mounts (all hosts):
# umount -l /exports/serviced_volumes_v2/YOUR_CURRENTLY_MOUNTED_TENANT_ID
- Navigate to the following directory:
- Edit the metadata.json file to point to the device currently mounted to
- Restart serviced on all hosts:
# systemctl start serviced
- Restart Resource Manager:
serviced service start Zenoss.resmgr
- Rerun the Inspector script with the "verify" flag to ensure there are matching Tenant IDs.
For additional information about the Zenoss Inspector script, see the KB titled Inspector - A Tool to Validate Control Center and Zenoss Resource Manager Configuration, located at: https://support.zenoss.com/hc/en-us/articles/214730803-Inspector-A-Tool-to-Validate-Control-Center-and-Zenoss-Resource-Manager-Configuration-