- Zenoss Resource Manager 5.1.1
Upgrading to Zenoss Resource Manager 5.1.1 can result in the TTL (time to live) HBASE data retention policy being set incorrectly. The TTL setting controls how long performance data is retained for targets within Resource Manager. Changing this value can be useful in various scenarios, for example:
- decrease the TTL value to save space and prevent low space issues
- increase the TTL value to retain more performance data although more storage space is used
NOTE: The TTL value is set in seconds.
To set the or change the TTL value for HBASE, perform the following:
- Login to the Control Center host.
- Attach to the writer container:
serviced service attach writer
- Change to the opentsdb directory:
- Set the TTL value, using seconds:
For example, to set the TTL to 90 days, use the value 7776000 seconds:
- Exit the container: