Version 2.8.0 of the Microsoft Windows ZenPack (ZenPacks.zenoss.Microsoft.Windows) has been released.
This is a minor release with enhancements and defect fixes. This release is compatible with Zenoss versions 4.2 - 5.2, and has the following additional requirements.
- ZenPacks.zenoss.PythonCollector >= 1.4
- ZenPacks.zenoss.ZenPackLib >= 2.0.5
The following changes have been made since the previous release: 2.7.8.
- Add SQL Server instance performance counters
- Add Application Pool Status check for IIS Application Pools
- Remove WindowsServiceLog, IISSiteStatus, Kerberos, and Authentication event class mappings.
- Fix Microsoft Windows 2.7.8 pack install without RPS712 breaks zenpack command (ZPS-1729)
- Fix Microsoft Windows ZenPack floods event server (ZPS-1752)
- Fix Windows ZenPack: IISSiteStatus transform can result in AttributeError (ZPS-490)
- Fix collection hanging caused by network timeouts. (ZPS-1765)
- Fix Shutting down the Zenpython daemon creates unnecessary and or mis-categorized logging connection failure events in zenpython.log (ZPS-1693, ZPS-1692)
- Fix Microsoft Windows: zenpython memory usage increases until restart required (ZPS-1584)
- Fix Newlines in mssql job descriptions cause parse failure. (ZPS-1813)
- Fix MicrosoftWindows - Cluster component datasources missing default event class (ZPS-1810)
- Fix ZP Microsoft Windows 2.7.0 - conhost.exe and winrshost.exe are opened without closing (ZPS-1354)
- Fix zenjobs consumes excessive memory for some actions (ZPS-1783)
- Fix Windows link to device with no ip instead of cluster node is present in grid of Cluster Nodes component (ZPS-1852)
- Fix Windows - Loading of SQL Databases is worse in comparison with Zenoss 4.2.5 and Windows 2.6.4 on Zenoss 5.2.1 (ZPS-1154)
- Fix Windows ZenPack does not show the default sql server name as MSSQLSERVER (ZPS-2031)
- Fix Multiple zenpython instances on a collector sometimes results in incomplete krb5.conf (ZPS-2072)
- Update message for DNS lookup failed events (ZPS-1938)
- Add Windows Shell Custom Command datasources usage with Nagios parser limitations (ZPS-1286).
- Fix events for IIS Site components (ZPS-2126)
- Fix malformed sql job results show 'too many values to unpack' error (ZPS-2143)
- Fix Windows Shell Data Source Sets the Component to an Unconventional Value (ZPS-2055)
- Fix Unknown Software manufacturers (ZPS-2139). This change fixes the problem only on new devices.
- Fix issue with duplicated software inventory (ZPS-1245)
Detailed information on this ZenPack is available from the ZenPack Catalog.