Version 3.6.0 of the VMware vSphere (ZenPacks.zenoss.vSphere) ZenPack has been released.
This release is compatible with Zenoss versions 4.2 - 5.2, and has the following additional requirements.
- ZenPacks.zenoss.PropertyMonitor >= 1.1.0
- ZenPacks.zenoss.EnterpriseReports (any version)
The following changes have been made since the previous release: 3.5.3.
- Support for vSphere 6.5
- Support monitoring of disk usage on datastores on ESX endpoints (ZPS-504). ZenPacks.zenoss.PropertyMonitor >= 1.1.1 is required for this. 1.1.0 is sufficient for vCenter endpoints.
- Alarms missing descriptions ("Alarm_alarm-123 status is red") on vSphere 6.0 targets (ZPS-397)
- Fix modeling of certain datastores on ESX endpoints (ZPS-512)
- Modeler suppresses objects which should not be modeled, including references from other objects. Support added for "effectiveRole" based filtering to exclude VMs from the model if the user has the NoAccess role on the host or cluster that the VM is hosted on. Fix suppression-related issues for LUNs and VM Templates. (ZEN-22233, ZEN-21904, ZEN-25884, ZEN-25625)
- Added zVSphereHostPingWhitelist and zVSphereHostPingBlacklist to control selection of management IPs to ping (ZPS-335)
- Updated to zenpacklib 1.1.2.
- Fix modeling errors with VMs that are inside nested resource pools within vApps (ZPS-387)
- Suppress events when vSphere host is in maintenance mode (by setting Host and VM productionState accordingly) (ZPS-332)
- Clarify resource pool counts on Datacenter components (ZPS-389)
- Remove broken 'folder' links from component details (ZPS-396)
- Fix error while displaying VMs report (ZPS-337)
- Fix calculation of missedRuns in zenvsphere by not counting event and modeler tasks (they are run constantly, and can never be 'late') (ZPS-399)
- Fix improperly rounded 'Total' value on 'Performance Data Collection Counters' graph (ZPS-392)
- [Analytics] Count vSphere devices in overall device inventory (add to dim_device) (ZPS-398)
Detailed information on this ZenPack is available from the ZenPack Catalog.