Zenoss Quarterly Zenpack Update for 2016-Q4
Thirty two individual ZenPacks were launched, enhanced/maintained, or certified for the 5.x platform during the 4th quarter of 2016. Zenpacks can be downloaded from the
Zenoss Zenpack site: https://www.zenoss.com/product/zenpacks/glossary
ZenPackLib 2.0 (12.25.16)
- zenpacklib is now an installable ZenPack
- Added Event Class definitions (ZEN-24903)
- Support multiple YAML file loading
- Support directory loading for YAML
- Support log verbosity per ZenPack
- Centralized, per-derived ZenPack logging
- Improved template change detection during install
- Improved type handling of yaml loaded/dumped data
- Support centralized use of older monolithic zenpacklib.py
- Added –optimize parameter to zenpacklib
- Dramatically enhanced unit testing
- Support for using enum property with datapoint properties (string/int mapping)
- Ability to call /opt/zenoss/bin/zenpacklib
- Added ZPLCommand to handle running zenpacklib with arguments
- Separated zenpacklib.py classes into module files
- Ability to use ZenPack-provided zenpacklib module
- Added support for Process Class definitions
- Deprecated support for python-based “yaml” specifications
- Support for threshold graph-point legend and color (ZEN-24904)
- Ability to specify an initial sort column on a component grid
- Performance enhancements for grid display of metrics (ZEN-23870)
- Support for Device Link Providers
- Added troubleshooting aid for easily saving function data(writeDataToFile)
- Avoid setting zProperties on existing device class (ZPS-137)
Microsoft Exchange 1.0.6 (12.21.16)
- Fix Exchange 2013 Missing Counter Events
LinuxMonitor 2.1.1 (12.21.16)
- Fix "ifconfig" is checked before "ip" Linux Monitor (ZEN-25425)
OpenStackInfrastructure ZP 2.3.2 (12.20.16)
- Single bug fix - Wrap brain.getObject() into try/except block (ZPS-442)
Docker 2.0.1 (12.16.16)
- Disable container status monitoring by default. (ZEN-24043)
Layer2 1.3.0 (12.13.16)
- Add "Show MAC addresses" and "Show dangling connectors" to network map.
- VLAN and VXLAN layers no longer selected by default on network map.
- Support for multiple gateways per device or device class. (ZEN-24767)
- Add zL2Gateways property. (ZEN-24767)
- Deprecate zZenossGateway property. (ZEN-24767)
- Add zL2PotentialRootCause to allow automatic gateways discovery.
- Add zL2SuppressIfPathsDown to toggle ping event suppression.
- Add zL2SuppressIfDeviceDown to toggle non-ping event suppression.
- Add rootCauses event field for suppressed events.
- Improve event suppression performance and reliability.
- Add zLocalMacAddresses to remove unwanted interfaces in maps. (ZEN-23182)
- Add client discovery support using Q-BRIDGE MIB. (ZEN-25336)
- Fix "NeighborSwitch" errors after removing the ZenPack. (ZEN-26189)
Cisco UCS Central 1.3.0 (12.8.16)
- Improved session handling with the UCS Central XML API. (ZEN-26322)
Microsoft.Windows 2.6.9 (12.5.16)
- Added Auth event clears, getPingStatus includes /Status/Ping event class (ZEN-25700)
- Fix Windows Shell Datasources are sending datamaps and bogging down ZenHub (ZEN-26226)
NetApp 3.4.2 (11.28.16)
- Add support 9.0(C-Mode) ONTAP API version.
- Add Port component
- Add status monitoring for "vServer" and "Disk Shelf" components
- Fix ZEN-21557 (attribute error during modeling and monitoring)
- Fix ZEN-22440 (UTF8 monitoring issue)
- Fix ZEN-18846 (recursion error on a large number of records)
- Fix issue with negative scale for graphs
- Fix ZEN-21145 (fails to upgrade earlier version)
- Fix performance issue during modeling NFS Client components
- Fix modeling operational status and speed properties for virtual Interface components
VMware vSphere 3.5.3 (11.22.16)
- Fix TypeError while adding vSphere hypervisor (ZEN-26197)
Linux Monitor 2.1.0 (11.15.16)
- Add cpu_ssCpuUsedPerCpu and mem_MemUsedPercent datapoints. (ZEN-22978)
- Add common datapoint aliases. (ZEN-24619)
- Improve ability to model network interface speeds.
- Improve support for NFS filesystem impact. (ZEN-24478)
- Improve NFS filesystem linking to NFS server. (ZEN-24478)
- Disable monitor of NFS mounted filesystems by default. (ZEN-24650)
- Prevent threshold violations on interfaces with unknown speed.
- Fix IndexError when modeling older LVM versions. (ZEN-25792)
- Fix setIdForRelationship error when modeling some LVM versions. (ZEN-22409)
Oracle Database Monitor 3.0.8 (11.16.16)
- Fix TypeError while adding vSphere hypervisor (ZEN-26197)
Cisco UCS 2.5.2 (11.12.16)
- Clarify and reduce chassis and server events (ZEN-25740)
- Fix zCredentialsZProperties override warning on Zenoss 5.2 (ZEN-26164)
Microsoft.Windows ZenPack 2.6.7 (11.11.16)
- Fix TypeError during zenpython collection of a ShellDataSource (ZEN-25978)
Cisco Devices 5.7.3 (11.11.16)
- Add support for more telepresence peripherals (ZEN-25993)
- ZenPacks.zenoss.CheckPointMonitor looking for 'active' state on device, but device returns 'Active', resulting in "unknown HA state" event (ZEN-24438)
Azure 1.2.0 (11.4.16)
- Added support for resources deployed in Azure Resource Manager (ARM) deployment model
- Added bidirectional associating of Azure Instances (Classic Instances) with guest operating systems
OpenStackInfrastructure 2.3.1 Hotfix (11.3.16)
- Upgrade txsshclient to fix critical change in twisted.conch (ZEN-25870)
Ceph 2.0.1 (11.3.16)
- Upgrade txsshclient to fix critical change in twisted.conch (ZEN-25737)
- Reduce INFO logs in modeler to reduce noise (ZEN-25738)
HP Proliant 3.2.1 (11.1.16)
- Updated ILO Protocol handler to address SSL certificate validation issue while preserving HTTP/1.1 compliance
- Updated XML parser to better handle invalid XML output
- Fix bad threshold datasource reference in HPArrayController template
- Corrected type of cycletime parameter
- Ensure all SNMP templates available to /Devices/Server/HP/ILO/SMNP
IBM Power Release 1.1.2(10.28.16)
- ZEN-25867: Updated to txsshclient 1.0.0 for Twisted 15 compatibility
- Guard against empty fields used for component IDs
- Less ambiguous event summary for incremental model update failures
Installed Templates 1.1.1 (10.28.16)
- Fix performance issue with Zenoss Analytics (ZEN-24573)
Solaris 2.5.0 (10.28.16)
- Fix performance issue with Zenoss Analytics (ZEN-24573)
vSphere 3.5.0 (10.27.16)
- Converted zenpack to use zenpacklib. Small UI differences and improved functionality throughout.
- Hide password in the 'Add Multiple Endpoint' dialog. (ZEN-25387)
- Improve performance of "Resource Pool" and "Hosts and VMs" reports (ZEN-21039)
- Documented analytics behavior and workaround for deleted definitions (ZEN-24333)
- Add HostSystem->Datastore DV/impact relation, only in the case where a datastore is stored on local disk on that host. (ZEN-23166)
- Add labels and descriptions to vSphere zProperties
- Change severity of incorrect username or password in model log from WARNING to ERROR and update message (ZEN-21003)
- Add additional filtering options to all reports (ZEN-23157)
- Allow addition of vSphere devices under sub classes of /Devices/vSphere (ZEN-22015)
- Improvements to performance of component grid with large numbers of components. (componentCatalogs and linkable optimizations)
- Disable ping monitoring based on the 'monitored' setting for host components. (ZEN-22206)
- Fix CPU/Mem Reservation fields display. (ZEN-21112)
- Add labels and descriptions to vSphere zProperties. (ZEN-21278)
- Add advanced tuning of modeling transactions via zVSphereModelMpLevel, zVSphereModelMpObjs, zVSphereModelMpIndexObjs.
- Reduce likelihood ConflictError during during modeling of large vSphere devices. (ZEN-25488)
- Add support for java 8 JVM (ZEN-25482)
- Fix units for memEntitlement graph (ZEN-25460)
- Extend 'Model Time' field to show also 'Waiting For Modeling' (ZEN-21012)
- Ensure that repeat count increases on open alarms until they are closed, so that events do not clear in zenoss prematurely. (ZEN-25342)
- Auto clear internal heartbeat events on restore (ZEN-24144)
- Fix bug where events may be timestamped in UTC time (ZEN-22724)
- Fix misleading ping down message on vSphere hosts. (ZEN-22203)
- Changed recovery behavior- recover non-timeout errors more frequently. (20 minutes, rather than 4 hours). Place a limit on how much time will be spent on recovery per task, leaving remaining entries for a future polling cycle. This allows more frequent recovery to occur without risking serious impact on the
overall polling cycle time.
- Lowered default query timeout (zVSpherePerfQueryTimeout) from 200 seconds to 25. Failures due to timeout are retried as smaller queries anyway, and a faster failure is good for overall collection time.
- Change default value of zVSpherePerfParallelQueries from 6 to 8, to improve overall query performance, especially on large targets.
- Group all metrics being polled through the raw data feed by the host and cluster to which they relate, when possible. Hash the hosts over a set of 6 sub-tasks, and collect each one separately. This keeps a bad host from slowing down all the collection tasks randomly. (Any such slowdown is restricted to 1/6 of the data being collected)
- Add extensive details to the health report, with an emphasis to grouping errors by host/cluster as described above. Raise events when a particular host or cluster is showing large numbers of errors. Calculate average response times, and distinguish between transient and permanent errors in these reports where appropriate.
- Graph high-level performance collection metrics at the device level (# of counters polled, retries vs normal queries, total elapsed time by task type, etc)
- When a ping failure event is found for a host, consider the host to be DOWN, rather than ATRISK, regardless of powerState/connnectionState values (ZEN-24612)
Oracle Database Monitor 3.0.7 (10.25.16)
- Fix bug in GNUMakefile
Windows 2.6.5 (10.21.16)
- Fix missing Process Set process title. (ZEN-25311)
ZenSQLtx 2.6.5 (10.19.16)
- Fixed tracebacks associated with errerLog(). (ZEN-24736)
Oracle Database Monitor 3.0.6 (10.18.16)
- Guard modeler against modeler errors (ZEN-24515)
- Correct Analytics Bundle: (ZEN-24317)
- Security fixes: Include full regex for mask_pass (ZEN-24634)
CiscoUCS 2.5.0 (10.13.16)
- Added support for UCS Manager 3.1.
- Added support for C3260 chassis managed by UCS Manager.
- Added support for multiple chassis UCS Mini domains.
- Added UCSM Domain Type (Classic or Mini) to device overview.
- Added DynamicView and Impact support for CIMC devices.
- Added icons for UCS CIMC components.
- Added support for alternative port/SSL for CIMC device connections.
- Separated "UCS Manager" and "UCS CIMC" Analytics bundles.
- Improved CIMC session handling to reduce session exhaustion.
- Associated blade server slot events with blade server.
- Streamlined modeling updates.
- Many other bugfixes and enhancements
Layer2 1.2.2 (10.7.16)
- Fix potential 2 minute modeling delay in Zenoss 4.
- Fix "Connection refused" when Redis not available. (ZEN-24364)
HP Proliant Release 3.2.0 (10.7.16)
- Update Impact documentation (ZEN-25324)
- Added "zILOCollectSamples" zProperty (raw modeler output storage)
- Updated zProperties (removed zProperty zILOSSLPort, replace with zILOUsesSSL and zILOPort)
- Adjust component labels and titles for DynamicView (ZEN-25248)
- Add ResetClassRelations migrate script (ZEN-25281)
- Sensible thresholds for Temperature graphs (ZEN-25260)
- More informative event logging (ZEN-24270)
- Ensure that ILODatasource, HPStatusThreshold, and GUI use shared reference data
- Updated graph datapoints and templates (ZEN-24886)
- Improved datasource/datapoint access methdos for status string retrieval (ZEN-24277)
- Fix traceback during WBEM modeling (ZEN-24786)
- updated and new unit testing to handle ILO datasource/modeler testing (ZEN-24810)
- Revised and simplified all string-to-integer status mapping code
- Added new ILOProtocolHandler ILO client (ZEN-25277)
- Added new ILOXMLParser for shared access to ILO output
- Added cross-reference functions to HPDevice and HPChassis (get_ilo, get_cpus, get_mem)
- Revised shared component attributes for consistency
- Remove/migrate code from utils.py and ErrorHandler.py
- Added ManagedObject base to contine shared component code
- deprecate ILO2 support (ZEN-22388)
- Rewrite of all modeler plugins
- Added HPPluginBase, HPSnmpPlugin to contain shared plugin code
- Prevent premature data collection termination (ZEN-24277)
- Add support for RAID controller monitoring via SNMP and ILO (ZEN-24211, ZEN-23388)
- Fix HPStatusThreshold issue causing data collection to stop (ZEN-23040)
- Improved handling of components with blank id (ZEN-22872, ZEN-22851, ZEN-21680)
ZenSQLTx 2.6.4 (10.5.16)
- Fix broken "timeout" field in SQL datasource edit dialog (ZEN-22955)
- Make SQL libraries importable by other ZenPacks (ZEN-23722)